Thursday, July 12, 2018

Vintage Secretarial Assistant Desk Makeover

I convey been wanting a vintage secretarial assistant desk for awhile now. I endure institute this bluish i on Kijiji online for $60. I bought it alongside the watch that I could run it inward our kitchen to cover our laptop as well as buy the farm on an oculus on the kids i time they are bigger as well as desire to live online etc. At outset glance I watch the pigment mightiness live inward status but i time I took a closer look, unfortunately it was a terrible pigment job. I contemplated keeping it only about kind of soft blue, but lets live honest I am a neutral daughter at pump as well as thus I went alongside my larn to Annie Sloan chalk pigment inward Antique white. See all the details below...

Sanding the desk writing expanse was a must. It had layers of one-time pigment as well as engravings everywhere. Now its polish as well as yous would never know 'Michelle was here'. ;)
I kept a impact of bluish past times paradigm the missive of the alphabet divider department a soft bluish inward Annie Sloan Robin Egg blue. I similar the subtle contrasting await of the bluish as well as off-white together. 
 I ended upward paradigm the desk alongside a full of iii coats of Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint. I sealed the writing  area alongside Annie Sloan clear wax for added protection.  
 
I went dorsum on forth on whether or non to buy the farm on the master copy hardware.. inward the end,  I did. I genuinely liked the elementary company forest pulls, they were inward groovy status as well as i time I painted the desk Old white the forest knobs genuinely grew on me, They menstruum overnice alongside the residue of the natural elements inward our Kitchen decor.
I am really happy alongside how the desk all turned out.. Now it sits pretty nether our opened upward shelving inward our kitchen. 

SHARED WITH:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!