Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Ikea Expedit Makeover

These are the Expedit bookcase that nosotros utilisation to convey inward our previous basement.. For our electrical flow trouble solid I no longer wanted nighttime colours inward our basement.. I should convey but bought white bookcases to start out with..BUT my married adult man wanted the dark!.. Trust me he doesn't enquire for much as well as hence I gave in..) We needed a novel sofa tabular array for our basement but a novel i was out of the query as well as budget!! So alongside roughly pigment as well as woods planks nosotros did a footling makeover on our Expedit Bookcase, straight off it flows alongside the remainder of our basement decor. See below for to a greater extent than details...



We painted it alongside two coats of White Primer, the primal is letting the commencement coat fully dry out earlier applying roughly other coat.

For the counter give off nosotros went alongside a natural Cedar planks.. No stain... I dear the agency they await as well as the best operate is it costs nether $12 for the top!! 
Yes nosotros painted the Ikea Bladis baskets equally well!! Time consuming to decease into always footling weave BUT baskets ADD UP!! I had $70 worth inward baskets that were alone a twelvemonth erstwhile as well as hence re-using as well as paradigm them was a MUST!

This is what brownish weave looked similar BEFORE:
Here is the AFTER: Painted white to check alongside our newly painted white unit.
 I believe the Expedit unit of measurement has been replaced yesteryear a similar item called Kallax shelving unit.
Here is roughly decor that I filled each cubby with.. I tried to create total it alongside items that aren't breakable or convey much value.. but all the same await pretty :) equally its correct at our daughters optic level!

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!