Monday, September 24, 2018

Master Ensuite Shower Reveal

Yay!! We lastly reno'd our shower!!! Since nosotros purchased this menage a piffling over two years ago.. I receive got been itching to install a novel shower. First because the shower was dated too non to my gustatory modality too secondly, it was getting older alongside grout cracks too a peeling, cracked ceiling. And presently plenty nosotros would honor nosotros had a LEAK too!! H5N1 piece dorsum I replaced all the one-time disgusting grout too realized at that fourth dimension nosotros were actually getting downwardly on the lifespan left of this fourteen twelvemonth one-time shower. It was all only a band assistance for our looming H2O leak... One twenty-four hours nosotros were all sitting inwards the living room when my wife looked upwardly too certain plenty nosotros had moisture H2O marks all inwards our ceiling. The timing couldn't of been worse! I had only given nativity to our son. In the destination the shower turned out just how I had ever envisioned it..  See all our shower details past times clicking below... 
I've decided non to bore y'all alongside likewise many structure progress posts too only demonstrate 1 total bring out post.. So hither it is. It's the bring out pics that are the most fun anyways!! So lets instruct to it.. for the primary tile materials nosotros went alongside a classic mix of Carrara marble alongside a 3x6 white subway scheme tile. Of course of written report I had to splurge a bit, nosotros went alongside a classic Carrara two inch herringbone tile flooring too a Carara marble hexagon tile for the characteristic faucet wall.
Here is our shower when it was all gutted. Let me say y'all what a nightmare on timing this was.. our boy had only been born too he was approx two weeks one-time when nosotros had our contractor start the demo piece of occupation :(
Originally I actually wanted to include around built inwards tiled storage shelves for shampoos too soaps BUT unfortunately the 1 uncomplicated subway scheme tile wall is an outer wall too my contractor advised me nosotros couldn't cutting into the insulation on that wall. The characteristic wall was my adjacent alternative but thus the shelves wouldn't live symmetrical.. I was disappointed at start but I needed the shower to live functional equally good equally pretty... So the novel programme is to add together two metallic corner shelves, to hopefully avoid a cluttered shower flooring total of products. 
Here y'all tin forcefulness out encounter grout makes all the difference.  After much ground nosotros went alongside Mapei White grout alongside classic 3x6 white subway scheme tiles from Home Depot. We decided to instruct alongside white grout to plough over the cook clean hold back I was going for.. fifty-fifty though I know it volition live a piffling harder for upwardly proceed I only honey the agency it softly blends alongside the tiles thus at that topographic point are no harsh lines.. 
The Herringbone Carrara was ordered from a local tile store but it was available at Home depot equally well.  It's only that nosotros ended upwardly getting a ameliorate bargain past times buying herringbone wall tile too hexagon flooring tile together. 
At start nosotros were only going to proceed the master copy shower light.. crazy sentiment right??? But in 1 trial nosotros installed novel shower faucet they were practically touching thus nosotros realized nosotros needed to practise something nearly it.. thus inwards went the novel even shower ceiling light.. What a difference!!! The novel shower low-cal actually updated everything! I can't believe nosotros were ever going to proceed one-time one?? :)
And hither it is all complete.. So happy alongside the terminal results.. too thus happy to FINALLY live able to receive got my menage dorsum too receive got showers inwards my sleeping room bathroom in 1 trial once to a greater extent than ;)

We ended upwardly choosing a pelting shower caput alongside chrome vintage inspired hardware. 
I establish this faucet on EBAY!! I got it for an amazing deal.. It plant thus great.  Its thus prissy to receive got a dissever wall mounted diffuser, too I only honey the vintage agency hot too mutual depression temperature taps.
Well at that topographic point y'all receive got it.. More on our other recent Ensuite Bathroom updates to come..

Shared With:


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!