Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Updating A Vintage Chandelier

Today i'm sharing how I updated our onetime chandelier to give it a to a greater extent than Rustic vibe. It's amazing how exactly adding sisal rope to the cut down of the chandelier tin completely alter the await together with create the natural chemical ingredient I was craving. Now I should say you lot that fifty-fifty though this makeover wasn't HARD, It was quite time consuming together with I did ship away my footling fingers to a greater extent than times than I would similar to admit. ;) Now continue inwards remove heed the rope I used is thicker than the typical in-expensive jute. Which made it was quite a mission to cut! All I did was pre-measure how much I needed per candelabra... And thus added the gum to each chandelier arm together with wrapped, i arm at a time.. I equally good tried to start my sisal roll at the dorsum to teach inwards less visible. 
Originally this chandelier was gold.. which is the means I bought it off Kijiji. I'd ever idea i'd pigment it correct away, but I left it gilt for the outset twelvemonth around thus I painted it white when nosotros moved. But lately the stark white has been bugging me equally our hutch together with tabular array base of operations are to a greater extent than on the beige-y side. So I exactly got out my trusty Annie sloan antiquing nighttime wax together with the paint colour 'Country Gray' together with got to work!
You tin teach the sisal rope from your local hardware store... I got mine at Rona.
In the goal I couldn't survive happier amongst the results. The warmer musical note together with jute flows thus much amend amongst our infinite together with our beige together with natural woods transcend dining table.
Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin and Instagram!