Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Diy Handbasket Weaved Lumbar Pillow Cover

I was at it again, making MORE pillow covers.. See how I made this Jute Webbing Basket weaved pillow encompass yesteryear clicking below for total details...

The inspiration started when I was looking through 1 of Benjamin Moore's pamphlets, I picked it upward for complimentary at my local pigment store... It has bully pigment color ideas together with yesteryear the means this mass inward special has tons of gorgeously decorated rooms, But the 1 item that actually stood out to me were these bully pillows. I simply loved the jute handbasket weave pattern.. I knew I had to bring one.. together with thus adjacent I went shopping online together with I couldn't discovery 1 similar the 1 pictured.. SO when I can't purchase or afford something I almost ever MAKE it.. 

So this is how I made a Basket weaved Jute webbing Pillow cover..

You volition demand these items to brand a 12x16" Pillow Cover:
1/2 meter of Burlap fabric
iii metres of Jute Webbing
Beige Thread
Sewing Machine
Sewing Pins
Scissors to cut

First you lot demand Jute Webbing, You tin transportation away purchase online, I bought mine from Fabricland ( It's located inward Upholstery department for approx. $1.25/M) You volition demand almost iii Metres. 
Next Cut iv strips of Jute webbing approx 18" inward length , together with lay them horizontally
Then I started laying/ weaving the Jute Webbing strips vertical through your horizontal jute webbing strips 
 I pinned it every bit I went to proceed the shape, Once I sewed the dorsum onto the cover, it all stayed inward place.
1. Jute webbing..
2. Lay iv strips approx 18" inward length
3. Start laying/ weaving strips vertical through your horizontal jute webbing strips
4. Ta-Da straight off you lot bring a handbasket weaved forepart work of encompass complete
 
Now that the forepart is complete, You demand a dorsum work of the pillow cover. I used Burlap Fabric I had left over from a burlap sack from ULINE every bit the dorsum but you lot could actually work whatever fourth dimension of fabric. I cutting the textile to a 18W x10"H x 2pieces (one for upper overlapping part, 1 for lower work of the dorsum closure) I chose to practise 18W together with thus I would bring an inch on either side when I sew together it. I chose to brand an envelope closure, for me it's the easiest to brand together with materials a pillow into. 
 Now you lot volition desire a finished edge.. I used a bit slice of a burlap Bag which came amongst a finished braided type finished edge. To brand a finished seam you lot volition desire to crimp over the burlap together with sew together the folded border for a finished seam. You volition desire to practise this for both the opening border pieces (where you lot volition stuffing the pillow insert eventually)

Then you lot volition desire to pivot all your pieces together.. Make certain for the dorsum you lot house the upper work of the dorsum enclosure downwards first, Then house the lower share of the backing slightly overlapping it.. to practise an envelope. Then sew together around the edges of the pillow together with plough it within out it volition live on similar an envelope. :)
This is the forepart of my pillow encompass when it was all sewn
Side sentiment of pillow cover:
 Now I bring it displayed on our chaise amongst my Restoration Hardware Burlap Pillow. 
Hope this was helpful.. Not certain if my explanation of how to sew together was tardily to understand.. You tin transportation away ever Youtube a video tutorial on how to sew together an envelope closure pillow cover. 

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!