Sunday, September 9, 2018

Nautical Plant Nursery Reveal

So hither it is.. Our piddling James Nursery.. I tend to naturally gravitate to calming as well as coastal decor amongst touches of it throughout our entire home.. as well as then when nosotros flora out nosotros were having a boy, I precisely knew the plant nursery topic had to endure nautical!! click for all the details amongst total source listing below...
Whites, tonal blues, natural woods as well as Jute brand upward his nursery. We kept the principal dorsum drib fairly but amongst BM Edgecomb greyness painted walls amongst i woods plank wall painted white. And for a piddling visual involvement for our boy to await upward at, nosotros painted the ceiling a calming aqua blue.
Click HERE to meet how this room looked BEFORE.
Ok I had a TON of ideas for his room... Realistically I was working amongst a 12x13" infinite as well as then in that place is solely as well as then much materials you lot tin cram into i room without it looking good .. crammed. 
Trust me I know its bordering on busy, BUT I had to accept wages of all the wall space. I made two focal walls.. i existence the principal white planked woods wall, the other this adorable wooden alphabet wall that I painted navy. You tin larn to a greater extent than on our alphabet wall HERE. The alphabet letters hang over our piddling one's reading nook.. to a greater extent than of a nursing nook correct instantly but futurity reading nook. I flora these groovy wooden boxes amongst chicken wire at Homesense that lucifer perfectly into the side tabular array shelf to concur all his infant books. 

 
I beloved how his window topographic point turned out! Its non the typical window topographic point I originally envisioned, its a to a greater extent than masculine version, I wanted to proceed it natural Cedar to catamenia amongst the bookcases my wife built to flank the window / window seat. You tin larn to a greater extent than most the window topographic point HERE.
Well anyone who follows me knows my obsession amongst pillows.. I JUST LOVE THEM! Its a groovy means to add together texture as well as design. I beloved finding novel fabrics which tends to endure an expensive treat. It was a labour of beloved past times both myself or my mom to brand all these pillows for my piddling monkey's window  seat. They actually laid the note as well as add together the Navy punch the room needed.
To proceed upward amongst the nautical theme, I got these groovy pall rod finials from Land of nod. They are a rope fashion which ties inwards actually amongst the residual of the Jute inwards his room.
We made precisely about other slice of wall decor for his nursery..a Meter stick chalkboard.. Its a piddling ahead of his fourth dimension but its been groovy for our older miss who is almost 3yrs quondam to doodle on every bit I acquire her blood brother ready. 
 
Here is the principal wall you lot meet when you lot start walk into the nursery. This was our start endeavour at planking a wall or every bit precisely about may telephone telephone shipping lap.. It was slowly as well as I couldn't endure happier amongst the results. I volition definitely endure planking to a greater extent than walls inwards our menage inwards the close future. 

Below you lot tin actually meet the ceiling pigment colour. We decided to pigment the ceiling a soft aqua blue. We went amongst Benjamin Moore Ocean Mist. Its rattling subtle blue, its looks unlike throughout the day. For his bedding I kept it fairly elementary amongst striped bumpers past times Sadie as well as Scout with a ticking stripe crib skirt.
 
 
I kept the bookcase decor a mix of newer items amongst vintage finds. I added touches of galvanized metallic which tied to the large galvanized metallic Wall initials hanging on his plank wall. 
The mini suitcases were a pocket from Target. 
For the alter tabular array nosotros used the elementary Ikea Hemnes dresser from our daughters nursery amongst this added dresser topper. I beloved how this slice allows for a to a greater extent than sturdy identify to alter our boy but too a groovy spot to store all his necessities... diapers, cream.. as well as to a greater extent than diapers!

As of correct instantly theses anchor hooks are to a greater extent than for hanging his clothes every bit art.. but downward the route the computer program is to endure organized as well as hang his adjacent days outfit. Aren't piddling human being shirts adorable? ;)
 
 
I got this adorable wooden frame on a shopping trip patch I was meaning amongst him.. I hateful this frame precisely says it all!! Thanks for looking at his plant nursery today. I had a lot of fun creating as well as sharing it. Have a amazing week!

Sources:
Dresser: Ikea
Dresser Jute Knobs: Etsy
Change Pad Cover: Etsy
Change pad dresser topper: Restoration Hardware
Crib Skirt: Restoration Hardware
Bedding: Toys R Us
Wooden Diaper Box: Homsense
Rocking chair - Homesense
Pillow on rocking chair (personalized) - Etsy
Rope Chandelier: Joss as well as Main
Galvanized Initials: Etsy
Wall planks: Rona ( painted BM Cloud White)
Ceiling paint- BM Ocean Mist
Burlap Personalized Name Banner: Etsy
Rope Pillow- Target
Mini suitcases- Target
Galvanized Boxes- Homesense (4yrs ago)
Wooden Bear - Thrift Shop
Whale pillow- Joss as well as Main
Whale Jute Art- Joss as well as Main
Striped curtains- Ikea (7 years ago)
Rope Finials - Land of nod
Pipe Shelf - Made past times us (DIY HERE)
Ruler Chalkboard- Made past times us (DIY HERE)
Personalized trading co sign - Joss as well as Main
Oar - Vintage (painted BM Newburyport Blue)
Anchor lite switch plate - Etsy
Anchor hooks- Local Garden centre
Dog Bookends- Vintage (painted BM Cloud white)
Wooden Alphabet letters - Etsy ( painted BM 
Wall cleat hooks -Etsy
Wooden Buoy - Etsy




Shared with:


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin and Instagram