Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Deciding On 'Fantasy Brown' Quartzite Granite


Our kitchen reno is officially over.. what a fun too stressful time!! Before I present y'all the total bring out allow me present y'all about of the progress.. Here is i of the primary staples inwards the pattern of our kitchen.. The counter top!!
Now that nosotros decided on cabinets came the fun work .. choosing a counter top.. I idea this was going to survive a no brainer.. I went into it thinking No to a greater extent than laminates.. mayhap butcher block, granite or quartz, would beloved a marble.. but I'm non that careful inwards the kitchen summation I receive got kids.. Then nosotros went too looked at options.. First allow me tell you.. warn y'all if I may.. Never instruct downward the marble aisle!! NEVER!! It volition terminate upwardly inwards pump ache,, seriously I knew I loved marble earlier but when y'all consider all the large slabs staring at y'all its insane how gorgeous it genuinely is! Even my wife loved it.. But from a practical stand upwardly indicate I simply couldn't..I know that when I inevitably stained or scratched it, I would survive thence mad at myself.. So onto the Granite aisles.. thence many to conduct from, all I knew is I wanted a light-ish granite similar a Carara Marble. Ah hah ha ha sounds thence elementary right? wrong.. Oh my gosh showtime off granite isn't simply granite..who knew?? Not me! It's granite quartzite, quartzite granite.. all really confusing. The curt of it is.. The granite quartzite is to a greater extent than similar a marble, softer, to a greater extent than probable to scratch or stain :(.. But non nearly equally fragile equally a marble.. the colours all the same broaden our search a ton, alongside a ton of marble-like options alongside lighter creamier whiter, grayish bases.. thence I had my listing of granites to conduct from thank y'all to Pinterest. .. And y'all know what.. it all went out the window when nosotros walked yesteryear this slab 'Fantasy Brown Quartzite'.. instantly hold off the advert makes no feel :) It doesn't receive got whatever truthful brownish inwards it.. Bits of ivory, taupe's too greys! It's slightly busy inwards its displace BUT the coloring tones are soothing, correct upwardly my alley. too the best work is the wife too I agreed!! Now this fact is non lost on me.. quite the contrary genuinely I lost slumber over it.. Me too the wife agree??.. "No way, at that topographic point must survive a mistake!we involve to conduct about other slab!".. And thence nosotros went dorsum in i lawsuit to a greater extent than simply to survive sure.. too for sure plenty I was inwards love! The solely affair I volition say, is y'all genuinely receive got to beloved the rock y'all pick.. Embrace its natural beauty.. Because inwards for sure lights, for us its natural light.. which nosotros receive got a ton of.. On a for sure angle y'all tin genuinely consider the dots within the rock which makes it await variety of similar H2O marks :( We are calling them 'fleckles' inwards the stone.  Now I am simply EMBRACING its natural beauty too non letting it bother me displace I know its all work of it, the rock itself has a ton of graphic symbol nigh similar a geode glittery stone.. So if y'all are looking for a marble alternative this mightiness appeal to you. Obviously our counter is soundless novel but thence far nosotros LOVE it! So hither it is..
I took the inwards a higher identify motion-picture present at my local Home Depot that shows all the granite options they carry.. The 'Fantasy Brown' granite is the most whitish granite pictured inwards the middle right.  Below is a motion-picture present of our BEFORE counter. It was a simulated granite Laminate counter top.
And hither it is instantly :)

We went alongside a ii 1/2" thickness for the edge.. The slab starts off equally 2cm quartzite/granite too and then y'all conduct the edge.. I HIGHLY recommend the "Mitered edge"... It creates a seamless period of time of the granite downward the sides/edge. The companionship nosotros went alongside did an incredible chore mitring it. It's honestly thence difficult to fifty-fifty consider the seam.


We ended upwardly paradigm the island..You tin consider our total kitchen reveal HERE!!



Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!