Sunday, February 4, 2018

Deciding On A Sectional Sofa For Our Modest Space

For me deciding on a NEW sofa / sectional was a rattling difficult decision.. I apparently dear the thought of sectionals equally I convey exactly realized that is all I own!!! i inward our rec room, menage unit of measurement room together with right away living room.. omg whats incorrect amongst me?? lol!!  But actually its because I dear how many people tin forcefulness out lucifer on a sectional, together with the comfort.. aside from a recliner they tin forcefulness out live on the best agency to position your feet upwardly later a long day.. See how it all turns out below..

Our living room is a fairly pocket-sized infinite amongst many entrances, a large window together with a large media unit of measurement hence slice of furniture layouts tin forcefulness out live on tricky.. non many options for a total sofa to go.. but right away amongst a sectional nosotros tin forcefulness out teach a longer sofa that fits to a greater extent than people together with tuck it against the wall together with right away instead of having sofa tabular array nether window.. force sofa against window to a greater extent than together with motion sofa tabular array to the other dorsum of sectional.. that agency I soundless teach my tabular array lighting together with howdy a topographic point to position my tea!

The occupation I was having was that my i wall was exclusively 66" on the side where our hall entrance is  so that inward itself drastically express my sectional options equally most ranged from 70-85" inward depth.. And hence I had exclusively 120" inward length basically inward forepart of window until the couch would behave on the media unit.. hence my available options were limited..and think I soundless needed to lucifer a narrow sofa table.. NEEDED!!! H5N1 MUST!! hence the couch kept getting smaller together with smaller yesteryear the minute.. which kept limiting my options..

All I knew is that the dorsum of the sofa had to live on straight.. equally our one-time couch had a slanted dorsum which meant it took upwardly useless space.. approx 8" which is a lot of infinite inward a pocket-sized room.

SO because I NEEDED a sofa tabular array inward behind sectional I needed a sectional amongst a total dorsum all around.. good allow me nation yous that is nearly impossible amongst the dimensions I needed.. nigh all exactly came amongst a arm residue but non a total back.. UNTIL.. I flora the Ikea Holmsund.. It saved me.. It had the total other side I needed.. All sectionals convey a useful length to sit down dorsum on but the sides for pocket-sized sectionals are to a greater extent than oft than non dedicated to chaise styles.. yes, pretty.. But I wanted to live on able to sit down on that left side of sectional inward lodge to human face upwardly our media unit.

Here were my hand fav's for our pocket-sized living room..

Carlisle sofa from Pottery Barn- I soundless adore the rolled arm together with the size! I genuinely loved this sofa.. it exactly didn't convey the total side arm that I wanted which makes it expect a trivial fleck bigger than it actual is.. together with good the price.. This is to a greater extent than of an investment slice for us.. i I promise to ain ONE DAY!



This is our winner..the Ikea Holmsund Sofa bed.. the thought that it had built inward storage, pulled out to a bed if needed inside seconds together with had the total arm I was envisioning was exactly what I wanted.. together with howdy the cost wasn't bad either.. for nether $1000 I got to supervene upon our one-time sofa for something new.. this most probable is non our 'forever, dream, down' sofa.. it is soundless a slow sofa piece my kids are soundless little... zip equally good precious but soundless cute equally good expect at. Practical but aesthetically pleasing is ALWAYS the finish inward our house!! And I couldn't live on happier..
 
I volition live on sharing my total review on this sofa presently but for right away I exactly wanted to part how it has transformed our living room. ;)
Now something to proceed inward mind.. Although I loved the total dorsum idea, I knew I had to brand modifications to this sectional to teach inward travel perfectly for us.. I am referring to the dorsum business office of sofa that is hidden yesteryear cushions.. The master Ikea Holmsund sofa exclusively comes amongst v large cushion covers hence yous tin forcefulness out exactly house pillows on the back/length of it only. So I ordered roughly other slipcover gear upwardly which comes amongst the extra cushion covers (5 to live on exact) I am exclusively using three extra on the sectional. Now the kids tin forcefulness out sit down comfortably on whatever angle together with come across the TV.. Now it looks similar the total sectional I had envisioned.
Above yous tin forcefulness out come across our novel sofa table. Before nosotros using an antique ironing board that nosotros had only planked the hand of.. it did the fox years amongst existence hidden behind our previous sofa But right away that it was to a greater extent than visible nosotros needed something smaller, sturdier together with that had shelves for extra storage.. So I had i custom-made locally yesteryear a immature carpenter. He made it specific to my sizing together with vision together with i am hence thankful. 
By the agency the colouring cloth nosotros chose for our Ikea Holmsund Sleeper sectional is Nordvalla Beige

Don't Miss a post... You tin forcefulness out follow me on Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!